jueves, 22 de noviembre de 2007

two up, two down (VA)

so i'm here in virginia for thanksgiving.

i called sara yesterday during afterschool, or i texted and then she called, it's all really fuzzy -- she said my kids had asked her where i was and why i didn't come yesterday. and i was like, sara i totally told them like 50 times last week and at least ten times on monday that i was going to virginia on tuesday. and she said, well they were asking anyway. i was like, tell them i say hi.

am i really that necessary now? i think of myself as a distraction in the classroom but if they notice when i'm gone then what is that really saying? what am i really doing?

the thing is that, right now i am so tempted to stay at home and never go back. which i don't want to do. because i can't really leave MY fifth graders. how did it take all of two seconds for 19 random 10-11 year olds to become mine? why is this harder than traveling on my own? it's harder than anything.

pitw #159. this is hard. be strong. (my favorite one of all)

1 comentario:

Helen dijo...

Talking to you was the highlight of my day! For serious.

But somehow it made me miss you more. I can completely understand how those kids became yours in like 2 seconds.

That's how long it took for me to love you.