sábado, 25 de agosto de 2007

progress!

so far, some of my small piles have made it into the one suitcase i am taking. also, i decided my blender and a small frying pan are essential to my survival in urban Boston. along with food processor and non-perishables just in case i cant get to the grocery store right away. and also some toilet paper, which was my mom's idea. ok, maybe the blender isn't essential, but i have a feeling that since the only person that lives nearby is a boy, he won't be bringing those things. but perhaps that is a bad assumption.

it is also hard to pack because i will be back in two weeks or less for that rotary interview and then i can bring more stuff/whatever i forget back to Boston with me. and my mom is coming for opening day on the 28th of september with the promise of bringing me more books. although i have to say, i haven't really sacrificed that many books. i am only taking books in spanish, one capoeira book, two dictionaries, and a couple notebooks that i believe are necessary. also i am taking my berimbau, which is probably a really bad idea, but i can't imagine going to capoeira without it. hopefully it can get checked or pass as a carry on. it's very very delicate.

the more i think about city year, the less i feel like it was the best decision, but i guess that happens. probably on wednesday i will feel very different about it at registration, but i think that energy will come from being around all the right people that are excited about it as well.

1 comentario:

Helen dijo...

Okay, I love how packing toilet paper is like a requisite. It doesn't matter if you're moving to a developing country or to Boston...it's always going to be useful! Hey, are you bringing a photo album filled with pictures of us? Because I think that is essential too. I also think that City Year might not have been the best decision for you because it's so far from me. Your best decision would have been to live in my closet. Ohhhh...the thought of waking up and opening my closet to pick out my outfit, and seeing you sleeping in there just may be the most delicious thought I've had in awhile!