viernes, 24 de agosto de 2007

beginning to pack

i just recently returned from Nicaragua and i washed all my clothes, thinking that it would be a great start to packing all of my important belongings so that i can transport them to Boston next Tuesday, but my great start was ruptured by well, my own procrastination. my clothes are clean for the first time in 2 weeks, which is fabulous, but i have no idea on how to start picking and choosing things to take to Boston.

when i moved into the College, it was easier because i just figured i could pack our family van to capacity and anything i forgot i figured i could just pick up on a trip home. clearly, the boston-virginia drive is one i won't be doing anytime soon given that i don't have a car and i am flying to boston on jetblue, which severely limits my packing style. should i take clothes? should i take kitchen appliances? my favorite chair? all?

for example, are clothes really necessary when you have a uniform that you have to wear everyday. however, the uniform must be wrinkle-free and so, my kind brother, a city year alum NH 06, bought me an iron at a yard sale over the summer. he handed it to me and said "pam, you will need this." and i'm thinking what? i usually avoid ironing at all costs. in college i think i ironed my clothes all of 10 times, and now i have a really extreme looking iron that i will most likely use several times a week. but in general, the biggest problem towards actually packing for Boston is that i create my own distractions.

and i also keep thinking of everyone that i know that has to pack to move really far away or across the country and i'm like, well packing for boston should take approximately 3 hours, tops. when clearly i think this thought process will get me nowhere fast.

2 comentarios:

Helen dijo...

Don't worry Pam! I am getting really distracted while trying to pack too. It's hard when there are new blog sites to play with. This post reminds me of how we're the same person...

Unknown dijo...

Ditto, Pame! I started "packing" two weeks ago ...